- Ethiopian Sustainable Agribusiness Incubator [ESAI]: Since November 2012, under a cooperative agreement with USAID Ethiopia, Precise Consult International has been implementing an Ethiopia Sustainable Agribusiness Incubator (ESAI) in partnership with Economic Transformations Group (ETG) based in New York. The program, which is implemented by PCI in collaboration with USAID Ethiopia, operates with the goal of developing innovative projects and opportunities that diversify agricultural sector production and markets. The project accepted 20 incubatees, who are provided with a variety of business development services designed to increase the likelihood of their success.
- Climate Innovation Center (CIC): Precise Consult in collaboration with World Bank (InfoDev) established a USD $16,000,000 business incubation center for SME’s using green technologies, empowering women entrepreneurs, and supporting agriculture.
Precise Consult International also designed Ethiopia’s Climate Innovation Center by engaging a range of country level stakeholders (government, private sector, research community, donors and NGOs) and also supported the initiation of the actual project. The output of this process was a full business plan for a CIC in Ethiopia including associated staffing, operations, implementation, financing, M&E and risk assessment.
- Business Landscape Study: In collaboration with bkp Development Research and Consulting and the African Group, Precise consult international conducted a comprehensive assessment on the business environment of Ethiopia. This study provided an in-depth assessment on investment prospects and challenges in agro-processing, mining/oil and gas, infrastructure, manufacturing, travel and tourism and health care services.
- Shemsu 101, Market Study on 31 fast moving consumer products: PCI was contracted by a potential foreign investor to conduct deep analyses on the demand, supply, profit margin, competitors, regulatory environment, raw material availability and production complexity of 31 fast moving consumer products. Based on the analyses and close consultation with McKinsey & Company, Precise Consult was able to make its recommendation on which products will be ideal to invest in.
- Development Credit Authority (DCA):
Precise Consult advised USAID VEGA Ethiopia in the proper set up of a loan guarantee program for local women and diaspora investors in Ethiopia and continued support of a Development Credit Authority program with two local Ethiopian banks (the Bank of Abyssinia and Nib International Bank). The program has recorded successful loans to women entrepreneurs and the Diaspora to the tune of 6 million U.S dollars to date.
- Business Associations and their Access to Markets (BOAM): Precise Consult International supported a few dozen enterprises, including women owned enterprises, engaged in SNVs BOAM program by analyzing the companies and providing advice so that they are ready for injections of equity capital.
- Capacity Building of Business Membership Organizations: Precise Consult international designed and ran CIPE’s comprehensive multi-year program in Ethiopia which aims to address the capacity constraints of local business associations through intensive training, technical assistance and competitive sub-grants. Major impact of the program included policy changes at the national level, the establishment of a public private dialog platform in the regional states of Tigray, Amhara, Dire Dawa, and Oromiya.
- WTO Accession Survey of the Ethiopian Private Sector: The USAID funded WTO Accession Plus Project, implemented by Booz Allen Hamilton, provides technical support for the Government of Ethiopia’s WTO Accession efforts and other WTO-related policy reforms as well as support to the private sector to help Ethiopia capitalize on the benefits of WTO accession as a catalyst for growth. Precise lead a team of consultants who administered and enumerated a survey instrument to 400 businesses in all regions of Ethiopia. The final output is currently being used to design supporting programs by USAID Ethiopia.
- The Ethiopia CEOs Breakfast Forum: The CEOs forum is a platform that brings together leading CEOs, government officials and other development agents on issues of doing business in Ethiopia. PCI initiated this event to serve as a platform that informs CEOs on current business trends and management practices as well as offer an opportunity to network. The first event was successfully held on March 2013 in attendance of prominent individuals.
- The Ethiopia Agribusiness Investment Forum: Precise Consult International (PCI) and Economic Transformations Group (ETG), in collaboration with USAID, organized the first Ethiopia Agribusiness Investment Forum on January 2014 that showcased the lucrative investment opportunities in the dairy, honey, and sesame subsectors of Ethiopia. Over 200 selected entrepreneurs, investors, business and government leaders, and donors attended the event.