East Africa Bottling Share Company
East Africa Bottling Share Company (EABSC), formerly known as Ethiopian Bottling S.C., was established in 1959 in Addis Ababa and opened a second branch in Dire Dawa in 1965. The plants were nationalized in 1975 and operated as public companies until 1996, when the company was acquired by Ethiopian entrepreneurs. In 1995, Coca-Cola SABCO bought shares and in 1999, Coca-Cola it signed a joint venture agreement with EABSC. In 2001, Coca-Cola SABCO increased its shares to 61% and the company changed its name to the East Africa Bottling Share Company (EABSC). EABSC focuses on bottling and distributing Coca-Cola products. The company continues to run the two plants in Addis Ababa and Dire Dawa.