One of the key attributes of PCI’s work environment is its vibrant and young professionals who work hand in hand as a team. Team culture has proven to be an asset for the company as it brings together its diverse work force to communicate and share their ideas and experiences. While the teams are structured with a hierarchy, the workforce within each team collaborating to achieve the responsibility of their respective departments.
1. Finance and Business Advisory
The Finance and Business Advisory (FinBA) team is composed of young and enthusiastic professionals. Backed with rigorous, well-rounded local and international experience in the area of investment and business advisory, the team specializes in the provision of investment consultancy services to enable businesses make strategic and informed investment decision.
Turnkey Business Development Services offered by the team encompasses catering to the needs of investors from idea conception, market research, business model testing, conducting due diligence and executing business plans with an end result to drive productivity and growth.
- Investment advisory services to foreign and local firms
- Facilitate matchmaking and joint venture arrangements
- Provide comprehensive information to potential investors; market intelligence, and business environment assessment to consider an investment
- Prepare investee to understand equity investment, potential partnership agreement, and fulfilling requirements for funding
- Transaction structuring, due-diligence (legal, financial, commercial), and business valuation
- Business feasibility studies, business plan preparation, concept note development, and business advisory services (pre and post investment)
Access to finance
- Source funding from private equity and venture capital funds
- Prepare projects for public share offering (Including joint venture transactions)
- Fund raising and fund management
- Mergers and acquisition
- Link machinery suppliers with investors and provide ongoing support
- Secure debt financing for businesses from a variety of sources
The team is also instrumental in assisting other departments, mainly ESAI (Ethiopian Sustainable Agribusiness Incubator) to achieve its objective.
2. Precise Insights
Headed by the Precise Insights department Coordinator, Precise Insights focuses on private sector development projects, events, research and analysis, communications and databases development. Precise Insights works on proposal development and delivery of development projects in PCI’s strategic areas: agriculture and agribusiness developments; green technology and environmental development; and light manufacturing development.
With the objective of facilitating efficiency by institutionalizing the company’s undertakings, the team works on establishing and maintaining talent, potential partners, contact and macroeconomics databases.
Furthermore, Precise Insights comprises of a communication and events coordinating sub-divisions. The communications unit facilitates the company’s internal and external communication activities, while the event coordinating unit organizes series of events such as the annual Ethiopian Investment Summit, Ethiopia Agribusiness Investment Summit and the quarterly CEOs forum.
3. Finance and Administration
The mission of the F & A is to provide administration and financial infrastructure for Precise Consult International PLC and other affiliated companies so as to play its part for the maximization of revenue and proper management of resources. We envision an alignment of F& A with departments and affiliated companies that ensure our role as real supporters in pursuit of the mission of all Precise Business Companies.
F&A supports the mission and the fulfillment of this vision by striving to meet the following goals:
- Optimum use of Precise Business Companies’ financial and other resources.
- Maximum effort to have a better internal control in all Precise Business Companies.