Power distribution station built with $10.8 mln goes operational

Power Distribution

An electric power distribution station built in Jimma town, Oromia regional state, at a cost of 251 million birr (approximately $10.8 million at current exchange rate) has begun rendering service.

Wudneh Yemane, Electric Transmission System Improvement Project Coordinator at the Ethiopian Electric Power, said 85 percent of the cost for the project was secured from African Development Bank (AfDB), the remaining 15 percent was covered by the government of Ethiopia, he said.

According to him, the construction of the station will help address problems of power interruption and avoid water supply disruption associated with electricity supply problems in the town and its environs.

[www.fanabc.com]